Position: Senior Data Engineer
Locations: All Offices, Remote.
The target locations for this position are: New York, Boston, San Francisco, Portland, Toronto, Vancouver, Austin, Denver, Chicago, or remote in neighboring areas.
Please send cover letter, CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From collecting and processing terabytes of data a day to improving and building new data assets, tools, and pipelines, we build data driven teams and foster a data-informed culture. We need your help!
Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decisions? Does the prospect of building a state of the art platform on AWS stack excite you? SFL is seeking an outstanding Senior Data Engineer to join SFL's core team. The team is committed to build next generation platforms to support SFL's rapid growth, and use it to deliver applications that will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making. Our work delivers business value to a diverse, global community of customers.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. A successful candidate knows and loves working with technical tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have an internal drive to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills.
As a Senior Data Engineer at SFL Scientific you will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming, and visualizing data. You will design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot data processing systems with a particular emphasis on the security, reliability, fault- tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency of such systems. The Senior Data Engineer also analyzes data to gain insight into business outcomes, builds statistical models to support decision-making, and creates machine learning models to automate and simplify key business processes. You will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party technologies (e.g., different cloud providers) and SFL solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL databases, and GNU Linux
- Experience building secure, concurrent, distributed server applications
- Design, implement, and support platforms providing secured access to large datasets
- Experience in data science, analytics, or big data solutions [Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Python, etc.]
- Experience with Scala, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Enable machine learning and data analysis
- Model data and metadata to support dashboards, ad-hoc, and pre-built reporting
- Adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant
- Ability to engage clients and lead relevant data discussions
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer; AWS Certified Solutions Architect; AWS Certified Big Data
- Google Certified Professional Data Engineer
- Master's or PhD degree
You must be authorized to work in the US (we cannot hire anyone on a student visa at this time). We support flexible work hours and paid professional development.
Please send cover letter, CV or resume to email@example.com
About SFL Scientific
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science consulting and services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in data engineering, big data, machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence. SFL works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for stakeholders using custom algorithm development and data-driven solutions. We are industry agnostic and instead focus on solving complex, R&D, and challenging business problems.