Position: Natural Language Processing Data Scientist
Team: Data Science & Analytics
Locations: Boston, New York, Bay Area.
The target locations for this position are: New York, Boston, San Francisco. Remote is OK
Please send cover letter, CV or resume to email@example.com.
SFL Scientific is expanding our data science consulting team and we are seeking highly skilled, creative, and driven data scientists to design and build breakthrough approaches and solutions for our clients.
As a NLP Data Scientist, you will be work directly with our clients to deliver data-driven solutions for a whole range of data science and data engineering projects. You will work on projects that bridge the gap between business and machine learning. Our ideal candidate is an accomplished expert with deep technical credibility and implementation skills – he/she designs, prototypes, develops, and fields predictive models and analytical approaches that power a critical business function.
The role will include the entire workflow of a data science project: From ensuring data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing to the cleaning, visualizing, analyzing, predicting with the data, and creation of a final model or product.
Job Role & Strengths:
Strong primary expertise as data scientist, with the ability to stretch beyond one’s core field of expertise. Successful candidates share the following requirements:
- High-level knowledge of various machine learning and NLP techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes
- Use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Strong client management skills – ability to lead and persuade, positive energy, relentless focus on business impact
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience building natural language processing engines, text extraction, speech to text, etc.
- Experience in deep learning methods for NLP (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Torch, CNTK, MXNet)
- Proficient in data science, analytics, or big data solutions (Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Python, etc
You must be authorized to work in the US. We support flexible work hours and paid professional development.
Please send cover letter, CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About SFL Scientific
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science consulting and services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in data engineering, big data, machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence. SFL works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for stakeholders using custom algorithm development and data-driven solutions. We are industry agnostic and instead focus on solving complex, R&D, and challenging business problems.