Careers > Data Science Project Manager
Data Science Project Manager
Team: Data Science
Locations: Boston, MA.
Travel Requirement: Minimal - less than 5% per year.
Please send cover letter, CV or resume to email@example.com or apply below.
SFL Scientific is a data science consulting firm applying AI & machine learning to help organizations develop new product and business opportunities. We offer research, professional services, and advisory services to companies in a wide set of industries.
We support our clients by helping them create powerful data products, help businesses capture the value of emerging data capabilities, and bring the lessons learned through that work to form cross-functional teams. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class data science firm with a relentless focus on technical solutions, you’ve come to the right place.
In this role, you will work with the Data Science team to execute on the data science project roadmap inclusive all ongoing and ad-hoc reporting needs. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day program management of the DS project schedules, deliverables, on-time delivery, and will have ownership driving technical strategy, customer experience, and business objectives. You will frequently work directly with our clients and partners to understand their needs from both a business and technical perspective and participate in data science project & code reviews.
We value thoughtfulness, curiosity, creativity, and diverse perspectives. The ability to collaborate effectively with other senior leaders both inside and outside the company is a key requirement for this role. This position is based in our Boston office.
• Be the face of the data science team and prioritize and plan project execution
• Along with Technical Leads, manage effort, execution, reporting, and analysis of technical objectives & milestones
• Manage scope and evaluate priorities to efficiently balance resources for all DS projects
• Develop relationships with and ensure appropriate participation of client stakeholders and provide timely reporting
• Define and build process for managing the development cycle for complex data models & architectures
• Lead final reporting & advisory functions based on project outcomes
• Identify opportunities for improvement in professional services, presentations, reports, and for all DS related processes
• Participate in code reviews and evaluate existing approaches and models for quality and problematic assumptions
• 3+ years of program management, data science, analytics or business operations experience
• Previous experience working as a data scientist, data engineer; experience in computer vision, NLP, or other ML/AI modeling techniques
• Energetic team player with excellent written, verbal, and conceptual skills
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
SFL Scientific is a US-based data science consulting and services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in data engineering, big data, machine learning, and Artificial Intelligence. SFL works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for stakeholders using custom algorithm development and data-driven solutions. We are industry agnostic and instead focus on solving complex, R&D, and challenging business problems. Learn more at sflscientific.com
We care about the security and privacy of our candidates, for that reason here are a few tips to follow.
SFL Scientific personnel will:
Never ask you to engage in conversations that are not over the phone, email, or LinkedIn.
Only use @sflscienific.com email accounts.
Never ask you about your gender identity, race, color, religion.
Never ask you to submit over email any identifying information including social security numbers, drivers license, passport numbers or credit card numbers
Never send a contract or job offer without first having an interview with our teams.
If you need assistance with applying for a position, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org